1.Curd – Take 1 litre of curd, keep this Curd in a Bronze (tambha) utensil for 2-3 days, this curd will turn green, now apply this onto hair and keep it for an hour and then wash . You can repeat this 3-4 times a month. It is the best conditioner for hair.
2. Shikakai – Use Shikakai powder to wash your hair, just mix 1 teaspoon shikakai powder in 50 ml of water and keep it for 10-15 minutes, and then apply it on your hair nicely and then wait for around 5 minutes then wash your hair.
3. Massage with Olive, Coconut or mustard oil – Massage promotes good circulation in the scalp, to keep your hair follicles active. Massage your scalp daily by hand for a couple of minutes. To enhance the massage, use a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond, or sesame oil base on your scalp.
4. Garlic Juice – Apply garlic juice to the scalp area where hair loss is maximum to prevent further hair loss.
5. Fenugreek (methi) seeds- soak and grind one cup of fenugreek (Indian methi seeds) with sufficient water to make a paste, Apply to the scalp and massage it lightly. Leave it for half an hour. Rinse out with cold water.
here’s the recipe for spicy Aloo tikki..
- Boiled Chana Daal ( bengal Gram ) handful.
Green chillies-1 finely chopped
Red chilli powder-1/2 to 1 tsp(
Coriander powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- Amchur powder a pinch
Coriander leaves -finely chopped
Bread -2-3 slices
- Cornflour ( maida ) 4 tbsp
Boil the potatoes and mash them completely, then add chopped onion, coriander leaves, green chilli and the spices red chilli powder, garam masala, salt, amchur powder and bread slices into the bowl and mash the potato and bread and mix it well . dont make it like a paste but a smooth mix . Then make small balls of the mixture and fill some chana daal in between them then roll again and press them to flatten a bit. Coat the flattened tikkis with bread crumbs or you can also use maida ( cornflour) . Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and place the tikki’s and cook them till they become golden brown turning and tossing them time to time, cook till they become golden brown .Repeat the same with all the tikki . garnish with coriander chutney, imli chutney , some chopped onion and tomato and you can add some curd for the real roadside tikkiwala taste. also you can add some chole to this to make it more spicy and tasty.
You can eat and enjoy this with bread also by keeping it in between two bread slices and eat with sauce.